Thursday, August 25, 2011

More Craftiness for Lily


I have 15 weeks until Lily is due to arrive.  It just doesn't seem like enough time to do everything that I want to do, so I've been in overdrive craft mode the past couple of weeks and I'm hoping that I can keep it up for the rest of my pregnancy.  So...here's what I made this week:
 
 the front

I made this dress using the same pattern as the romper, Simplicity 2459 View B.  I really love how this dress turned out - it is Donovan's favorite of all of the things I have made so far for Lily.  Notice the acorn buttons on the straps?  I got them on clearance @ Jo Ann for 50 cents!    

the back
I also made matching shoes, using Simplicity 2471 View B.
AND a matching hat using this crochet pattern and Caron Simply Soft in Pistachio.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE this hat!  I'm planning on making her several more in different colors.

I also made matching bibs - coordinating between the romper and the dress, each one will go with either outfit.  This was my first time making bibs and I used an old hand towel for the absorbent part in the middle, but I think from now on I will use something a little thinner like a cloth diaper.  This was also my first time applying snaps (Donovan usually does it for me, but he wasn't home) and OF COURSE I couldn't find the hammer, so I used a heavy wrench!! It worked just fine. ; )

I originally bought 2 yards of each fabric.
(Can't you tell I really like it?)  After making
everything, I had a little over a yard of each
left, so I made a blanket.  I used Wrights
Satin Binding ($7.50 @ Jo Ann - Walmart has it for $3.88, but they didn't have hot pink)  I used this tutorial to apply the binding.  Wrights has a tutorial on their website, but the instructions aren't very clear and the pictures are hard to see.  








I made the white hat using this crochet pattern and a chunky Bernat (I lost the label).  Next time I make it, I'd like to use a bulkier yarn so it will look more like the hat in the pattern. 

I made the hot pink hat using this crochet pattern and Peaches&Creme cotton.  It was supposed to be a sz.0-3m so she could wear it with the purple romper, but I think it is closer to a  newborn size. Oh well, that's what I get for not measuring gauge. 
and FINALLY, my favorite project of the week:
A Minnie Mouse hat!!!  I crocheted it using this pattern and cotton yarn.  I love how this pattern tells you to do the bow, it makes it look just like the bow that Minnie Mouse wears.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! I think my favorite is the Minnie Mouse hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the little hats!!!! I envy your sewing and knitting abilities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lynzi! Maybe I can make something for Rozlyn before she gets here. : )

    ReplyDelete