Friday, August 19, 2011

Recent Projects

I've been busy getting ready for Lily.  This is what I've been working on lately:

A changing pad to match her diaper bag:
the back

the front

This is the first time I've ever made clothes and it's only the second time I've used a commercial pattern.  I used Simplicity 2459 View D - Romper in X-Small (which is supposed to be 0-3 months or 7-13lbs).  The fabric is a lightweight corduroy and I did all of the buttonholes by hand because I haven't figured out how to use the buttonhole foot on my machine.  
the front
The creme showing in the back of the romper is the snap tape.  I didn't really like using it, and it was expensive - 17" for $6, which wouldn't be enough for a larger size.  I think next time I'll try to use individual snaps. 
the back
I made these shoes yesterday to match the romper, using Simplicity 2471 View A.  One of them turned out kind of wonky, but I don't think anyone will notice once they are on her little toes.   

I crocheted the headband today using this tutorial at Prudentbaby and hot pink cotton yarn.  I'm thinking it will be a lot cuter on Lily since she won't have Albert Einstein hair (I hope ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment