Sunday, July 24, 2011

Noah's Pirate Backpack

Some friends of ours have a little boy whose birthday is tomorrow.  I didn't really want to buy him a toy because he has so many.  So, I decided to make him this backpack:

I was going to make him a drawstring backpack, but the tutorial that I have used in the past is no longer a working link.  I tried to find a different drawstring backpack tutorial online but none of them had a lining and I think that is an important element for bags.  SO...I made his backpack using this tutorial. 

I LOVED making this backpack.  The tutorial was so easy to follow and it only took me a weekend to make.  Her pattern calls for 38mm slide adjusters and looplocs (or 1.5").  This would not have been a problem, except my local Joann's only carries 1" slide adjusters.  I had already made the straps and I was limited on fabric, so I improvised.

I'll be making another backpack soon and I'm going to post a tutorial on how I made the adjustable straps.

                                                     
More pictures:

Open, with polka dot lining


the back


No comments:

Post a Comment